photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Cross in Easter

Last year, a friend (thanks so much BY!) posted a link to this post at the (In)Courage site.   Sweet suggestions, here and in the one linked from the bottom of this post, for how to celebrate Christ in Easter.... like making an Easter garden, keeping a Repentance Box/ Empty Tomb box (we're doing this), hosting a Seder dinner, and nailing a note of gratitude into wood.... listening to the nails, remembering the nails that pierced him.

The post was written by Ann Voskamp, and it's here that I first met this friend who has become a most delighted in mentor to me in the past year.  So, so grateful for her words and the beauty in Christ that she inspires me to behold and embrace.

I hope that you, dear friends, will find a way, do whatever it takes to be able to pause, gaze in wonder,

and behold him....

 Risen!


"The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world."  





He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.
Hebrews 9:12
- I love this painting that I found on a Google images search about a year ago.  
Sadly, I didn't keep track of the link or the artists name (argh!) 
but if anyone comes across it, please please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. What a great site. Thank you for linking to it! I appreciate learning new ways to keep the focus on Christ and not on bunnies for Easter :) Thanks Jill!

    ReplyDelete