photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

compelling, needed, and good

7 Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. 8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.  
I Timothy 4:7-8

Oh to be a woman of joy...  joy to the world:  our Savior who has come for us lives in me!  Oh to grow in godliness...  To train my body, my brain, my heart and soul to run hard after my Savior King and give all my efforts, affection, attention to His kingdom....  oh to know Him, to serve Him well, to be near to Him, to patiently, humbly lead and love others to Him...

And what if training towards this goal only comes slowly, is only learned painfully?  Is it worth it?  Could anything be more worthy?

This is what I'm hoping for....  to live well-worn... to be diligent (to grow in diligence) to practice, train myself towards the goals that weigh infinitely in eternity... to train for the worthy things that I will be glad for when I stand before the Lord:  that I hid his Word in my heart and it transformed me, that I stayed awake and prayed, that I laid down the lie that I had any rights to defend myself (pride, privacy, culture...) and much more...

Put me on a path after you, Lord, and help me to RUN...
not hurriedly, frantically,
but gloriously, happily,
hard after you.

So,  here's the inspiration behind all these ramblings...  another link to another Ann Voskamp post.  So soul-inspiringly good and nourishing.

The post:  Exercises that Make the Most Difference 

No comments:

Post a Comment