photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Friday, February 15, 2013

So Cal

Vivi and I got to see some spectacular friends in So Cal last week.... 

First, (so sad, no picture of Johannah!)  I was her bridesmaid 11 years ago and she would have been mine too if she could have made it to Florida!  Treasured Sister!  And then Lori, my "best friend" from when I was 2 and she was 3 and her mama was my mama's best friend too.   Oh how I love this precious, beautiful friend of mine!

Lori and Dan's beautiful girls
Lori watched Vivi while I drove out to spend an evening with dear friends who came to hear about China.  Matt and I have been so deeply blessed by the two couples there that evening.  We love you Fangs and Radimakers!!

And then a day with JJ!  I can't believe how blessed I am to have such a friend....  one of the most remarkable things about her is how she loves people by listening and then loves with all of her skills too:  nutrients and prayer and gifts and deliciousness and fun and gem jars for joy!   I *marvel* at the Lord to give me such a wonderful friend!


And in the middle of all that, I got to meet this woman, who is truly a celebrity where I live.  This is the giving friend behind Book Ends.  Jeanne sends boxes of books to bless families to the ends of the earth.  What a giving, supportive, encouraging friend she is!!  What a delight to meet you Jeanne!  Thank you for the books!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sweet Jillian...I love that you labeled this under "family photos" sweet sister in Christ! I'm feeling a bit sentimental that you're gone...last night as Jack spoke a fever at about 3 a.m., I was considering how it was you that I awoke for exactly (to the hour!) two weeks before to send you off to the other side of the world! To get to hear you speak Chinese so fluidly with those sweet Chinese ladies, learning more about them in seconds than I could surmise in 10 months, was captivating and a testimony of what God can do with a heart yielded. I love you so very much and those 13 hours with you will linger and keep me encouraged until the next time we can meet...I love you, sweet Sister! Christ is blessed by the adventure you and Matt are taking your family on for His Name's Sake... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,

    It was so special for me to get to meet you too!
    I appreciated getting to meet your childhood friend, Lori. What a kind friend, to share her precious time with you by letting us get to chat over books. She's a true friend! She came with you and played with Vivi while I showed you all the book choices. Then you had to make all the difficult book choice decisions! Hard! So many books, but room for only a few in your suitcase. Ah, such is life!

    I love supporting you and the other China gals with delightful books! Order again soon!

    with love,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete