photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

hesed

I heard an excellent sermon from Dr. Michael Calvert  on Hosea 2:16-20.  He shared a "laymen's definition" of the Hebrew word 'hesed' that went something like this:
The unwavering, absolute, faithful loyalty of God 
to be tenderly affectionate towards his people.  
So grateful for that, Lord.  And we'd like a bit more please...  come to us and come to Greg and Heather as they mourn.

Praise and thanks to "the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill,

    I'm usually more faithful at reading blogs, but I've been absent for the past couple of weeks. I decided to "catch up" tonight, and I was so deeply saddened to learn about your family's loss. I've read all your posts and have also read many of Greg and Heather's. I completely lost it when I read your father-in-law's post.

    The entire Kasowski family holds a special place in my heart, and I will be praying for you all. These words feel inadequate, but please know that we love you.

    Chuck, Ellen & the girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will also join you and pray for that for you, for Greg & Heather and for the rest of your family....
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete