photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Saturday, April 24, 2010

at the close of the day

I've been reminded in this season of grief of how badly pain can make me wish I could stop time. How can the world go on when such tragedy strikes, like the death of our niece?

Honestly, we have been limping with grief aches these nearly 3 weeks. Sometimes it feels like these new wounds rip open again, and sometimes we feel less distracted to complete a task or conversation. Time just does not stand still. Still we urgently hope for rest- stillness for Greg and Heather's world. 'Selah' long enough to regain some healing, strength and encouragement.

I thought that I might not post pictures from our side of the world for a long time. But even months from now we'll still be missing Maelee. Maelee is going with us in our hearts forever now... the whole way forward our little niece, our kids' 1st Grether cousin, will be in our memory and in our hearts. So, to honor her, and the Lord she is with.... here's a few shots of some of what has filled these passing days.

biking to the park (I know... what was I doing snapping a pic when I should have been adjusting his helmet?!)

At the park... we really need to get it out of our minds, this idea that a park should be a nice open place for quiet play. Or at least we need to go on a Tuesday if that's the goal.



matching helmet heads on these two that I love
happy at preschool
out on a date.... classes got rearranged just right for this blue sky day
worm hunters- I still need to show you our herb garden. The herb beds have 6 new worms since these hunters' success after the last rain.

bathtime

3 comments:

  1. Matt and Jill,
    I am so blessed looking at these photos! If you have a chance to look at Nick and Cassie Kasowski's photos on facebook... I am amazing how much Isaiah looks like his 2nd cousins, Hudson and Landon! And Marian, she is growing into such a gorgeous young lady! And John, what are you feeding that big boy? :) Missing you all so much!
    Love, Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Matt and Jill,

    Thanks so much for sharing these photos. I can't believe how much they have changed in the few weeks since NaiNai was there. YeYe was thinking last night that we should have bought airline tickets for all of you. I thought a future, not so terribly sad time would be better. We do miss those little ones and you two so much.
    Love and prayers,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet pictures, it is fun to see a little bit what life is like on your side of the world. I am glad you and Matt got in a date too, that is so great for you! Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete