photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Sunday, February 15, 2009

More from One Thing

A while ago I posted about a bit I enjoyed from Sam Storm's book, One Thing.  Here's another quote that seems worth sharing:   (from page 101-102)

"'Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.' (Isaiah 40:28) Just creating the stars would be exhausting. Naming every single one of the trillions and trillions and trillions of them would be indescribably wearisome. Then think about trying to remember them all!... And then on top of all that, he exerts sufficient power and strength to hold them all in place!

Yet, God never gets tired! His energy never diminishes! God is as infinitely energetic after doing all that as he was before he started. He's never tuckered out. He never says, "Boy, I'm wasted."

How can this be? It's because God is the uncreated Creator. He's everlasting, without beginning or end. You and I may know him, but we will never exhaustively figure him out. His mind and his ways are inscrutable....

The good news is that God isn't greedy with His strength. He's generous and will share with us all whatever we need. 'He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might, he increases strength' (Isa 40: 29). Amazing! After all he's done he retains an infinite supply of power to give to others. You never hear God say to someone who draws near: "I'm sorry. I'd like to help. But I've used up all my energy with these darn stars. If I hadn't made so many of them perhaps I wouldn't be in this predicament. This was a slight miscalculation on my part. I won't let it happen again. Maybe you should come back in a week or so after I've had time to catch up on my sleep and get my batteries recharged." No!"

So, as Storms adds his voice to the Psalmist, and I add my voice to theirs, let us lift up our eyes to the hills and to the heavens and proclaim confidently to our souls "SEE where my help comes from! The Maker of heaven and earth- He is my Help. How will he who did not keep back his only Son, but gave him up for us all, not respond to our cry for help? " (Psalm 121 and 19, Romans 8:32)

No comments:

Post a Comment