photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Saturday, December 13, 2008

heart ache by email

Living overseas is a wonderful adventure for our family and we really wouldn't change it for anything. But there are some hardships that come along with it, and, as it turns out, there are some difficulties that are still sinking in for me, even after being here for close to 2.5 years. Specifically, I have to confess that it's really sad for me to feel so disconnected from all the people I love! I knew we would be far away, wouldn't get to have play visits or easy phone calls (12-15 hour time change makes it hard!), but how about just feeling like we live so far away that it's just too much trouble to keep in touch any more! Ahh!

I feel like I fight against this with all the strength and energy I can, because I'm deeply committed to maintaining and growing in friendships with you, the ones that I love! But today we've discovered something that nearly broke my heart: many of the emails I've written in the past few months have not been sent or received or saved.... obviously there is some error with my own methods for these emails to just vanish. It's really sad for my pregnant emotional heart to realize this communication is gone and that I probably can't go back to retrace all of what's missing, who hasn't heard from me (when I thought they had), and what I replied to their (your) situations.

So dear friends, know that you mean so very much to me, to us! Even with some emails being lost, I know I don't get to write as much as I'd like, so if you have or haven't gotten personal emails from us, and if we have or haven't written, please know that you- dearest friends, you know who you are!- are absolutely precious to us. We would treasure hearing from you!