photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Friday, April 6, 2012

A Little Hymnal

When our niece Maelee passed away, I knew I would want to see her name in glad places in our lives.  So this little hymnal I think of as Maelee's, finished to mark two years of missing her here on earth. These songs are to correct my thinking, exhort my heart when storms (like grief or even just everyday battles) come strong against me.  Some other songs are for lifting our voices to sing along with Maelee and all the saints who have gone before... yes, even with all the angels and all creation as we'll one day lift our voices in right adoration of our King.

Maelee's mama told me once that she wanted to learn more hymns and I know I desperately need every help I can get to set my mind on the truth, to lift my soul from the messes that I am constantly cleaning and sometimes sinking my heart into.  May the Lord lift our eyes and hearts with these words...

If you don't have these tunes, you can find them easily on iTunes.  I would be happy to share this hymnal (Word document) with you if you let me know an email address where I can send the file.  It's yours to print- laminate- post however and wherever you want to be ready to sing!


Sovereign Grace Music:  Together for the Gospel
A Mighty Fortress is our God
It is Well with My Soul
How Firm a Foundation
Oh the Deep, Deep Love
Come Thou Fount
How Deep the Father's Love for Us
My Hope is Built on Nothing Less
I Will Glory in My Redeemer
Arise, My Soul, Arise
The Power of the Cross
My Song is Love Unknown
And Can It Be
There is a Fountain Filled with Blood
Before the Throne of God Above
In Christ Alone

Jadon Lavik:  Roots Run Deep
Blessed Assurance
Tis So Sweet
My Father's World
I Surrender All
Wondrous Love
Turn Your Eyes
I Need Thee
Take My Life
What a Friend


Michael Card:  Hymns  (Several songs here are the same as the Sov Grace CD above.  Choose your style. Card's music might not strike my generation or younger as "cool" to begin with, but it is timeless, treasureful beauty in my eyes now.)
Look, Ye Saints

Aaron Keyes: various
Dwell
Psalm 62:  My Soul Finds Rest in God
To Make Your Name Great

Martyn Layzell:  Glimpses of Worship
Oh Church Arise


Grace Community Church:  Lavished Grace
Jesus I am Resting Resting


Libera:  Angel Voices
Abide with Me
Be Still My Soul (also can try The Kry Unplugged if you don't like the boy choir version)


(And of course, if a different version of the song appeals to you more, choose your artist!  These are the ones I've chosen for our home :)  And if there are songs you want to add.... the word document is yours to add to!)

I have only listened to the free songs from these two albums  (Scripture Lullabies) but I know that these are songs I want to add to this often played list in our home...

No comments:

Post a Comment