photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

reflecting on the best

In reflecting on the best things I enjoyed and learned and was challenged by in 2009, I have to share one favorite: the biography of Charles Simeon, given by John Piper. You can download it and listen for free at www.desiringgod.org .

I blogged a few thoughts (6/29/09) about this great talk already and how it's impacted me, but I think I could probably share much more impact that this talk has had on me, if I had time...

I love the end of this talk where we hear Piper's exhortation to follow in the steps of Simeon as he raised high his sails to adore Christ and serve his church by deepening his own humility before Christ, never forgetting his own sinful brokenness and need for his Savior.

I hope so much that you can listen and I would love to hear what you think! May you be deeply enriched with more joy of affection and adoration for Christ as you hear this story.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to listening to this! Thanks for sharing. I hope you guys are all doing well :)

    ReplyDelete