photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Friday, May 8, 2009

what if I fail?

This afternoon I got to meet with a really great group of women for some great discussion and prayer together. Just wanted to share a piece of our discussion that came up as we went over chapter ten from "Calm my Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow.

"What if I fail? What if I fail at ______"

My dear friend P explained how this question gets mulled over in her mind and then she shared her simple answer:

"If I fail... then, I fail. And God will either completely redeem my failure for His glory or He will not let it happen."

Oh for eyes of faith that Trust and Rejoice in God's sovereign goodness to work like this in our lives. It reminds me again that God resists the proud (who try to control everything according to their wisdom and management schemes) and gives grace to the humble (who lean on Him and look, trustingly to Him.) James 4:6

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died- more than that, was raised to life- who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceeding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?"

As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, not height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:31-39

No comments:

Post a Comment