photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Friday, March 25, 2016

She's Five!

Birthday girl, you are worth a celebration of the highest thanks and joy that the Giver would give us YOU.


Birthday breakfast!  As fancy as we could dream up (for a school morning especially!)  What a treat to celebrate Vivi!
She gushes joy and sweetness and silly goofballisms all the time off camera but she's quick to avoid it when the lens is pointed her way so I guess I just have to treasure all that up in my heart since I can't share it with you here.  
The next day we celebrated "Breakfast at Vivian's", her party, with all her fancy friends... 

Stuffed crepes and yogurt parfaits (with oatmeal cookie bar crumbled inside...  great use for a recipe that wasn't A+ on it's own) and strawberry lemonade scones (they were top notch!).  We had a yummy, dress-up fancy time!



this is when she knew I wanted to get a pic of her with her birthday crepe and her #5 candle.  Almost as bad as last year, sweetheart!  

After breakfast, Vivi's best friend from school had to leave because she wasn't feeling well.  She was missed!  But the party did go on...

there were at least 4 wardrobe changes.... all of them stunning (don't miss, the dress layered over dress look modeled here.)



This is her camera look these days.  I wish I could show you her smile because it's sparkling, but this is all she gives me.  I'll have to try to be sneaky...

And I do hope you know that all hairstyles, jewelry and dress arrangements were done all by herself.  I hope that goes without saying!  Wouldn't want credit to come to me for any of that!! :)

Her brothers really were there.  They just, sadly, didn't get in any photos on my camera.  But boy, do these boys love their little sis.  A gift to have their protective care shown to our littlest.  

It felt like a gift to us to be able to find a gift here that we wanted to give our girl.  (If I were really savvy with online shopping in Chinese, I could find stuff here too, but I don't dive deep in those realms.)  But this Alice in Wonderland book with super fun pop-ups super delighted her heart.... so, of course, it delighted us too!

No comments:

Post a Comment