photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Birthday my Love

I do adore my husband, but I would have made a less sappy (valentinsy) cake if I could think of it... alas, no powdered sugar, but fresh strawberries, and a heart-shaped cake pan on hand made this the best cake I could come up with.

I realize that some friends could look at this and wonder what on earth I am doing posting a picture of Matt kissing another woman. Well thats exactly what he's doing and this is the only other woman on the planet he'll ever be kissing. Isn't his mom beautiful!?

Anyway, the point is "we love you Daddy" and "we love and miss you Grandma!" Matt's birthday dinner was also Mary's goodbye dinner... we hope she's fast asleep high over the Pacific right now. Thank you again for coming all this way, mom. We had so much fun with you!

Here's a glimpse of Mary's favorite shopping excursion:
We are in the land of terracota warriors. They're everywhere here. Isaiah now calls every Asian style statue a "terracota warrior." On our shopping trip, John could have picked a few up himself...




No comments:

Post a Comment