photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Immanuel's Land

A treasure of an old hymn......


O Christ, He is the fountain, the deep sweet well of love
The streams of earth I've tasted, more deep I'l drink above
There to an ocean fullness, His mercy doth expand
And glory, glory dwelleth in Immanuel's land

With mercy and with judgement, my web of time he wove
And aye, the dews of sorrow were lustered with his love
I'll bless the hand that guided, I'll bless the heart that planned
When throned where glory dwelleth, in Immanuel's land

O I am my Beloved's, and my Beloveds mine
He brings a poor vile sinner, into his house of wine
I stand upon his merit, I know no other stand
Not even where glory dwelleth, in Immanuel's land

The Bride eyes not her garment, but her dear Bridegroom's face
I will not gaze at glory, but on my King of Grace
Not at the crown he giveth, but on his pierced hand
The Lamb is all the glory of Immanuel's Land