photo Blog_Header_zps57c9086d.png  photo Blog_Nav_Journal_zpse1d0be57.png photo Blog_Nav_OurFamily_zps98b06106.png photo Blog_Nav_WellWorn_zps205b1fdf.png photo Blog_Nav_Favorites_zps1161e1b4.png photo Blog_Nav_LearningLinks_zps7d1e6335.png

Thursday, June 5, 2008

a prayer to be sung

I've been trying to collect some especially good songs together to form a little hymnal for our home. I love that our son, Isaiah, really enjoys music and I'm glad to play some good kids tunes for him much of the day, but I've declared that when he is "helping " me in the kitchen, "Mama gets to sing mama's music." (We actually do spend a fair bit of time together in the kitchen since he loves to rinse the dishes after I wash or to play with beans or rice in a bowl while I'm cooking.) So my little hymnal should fuel me with some excellent prayers and lessons to sing aloud.

So far I have about 45 songs, most of which I haven't heard sung on Sunday mornings before, but I've chosen them based on the lyrics seeming especially excellent. Today I came across a song "Lord of our Life and God of our Salvation." I am so excited to have such rich words to sing aloud in our home, for my own heart to be hear and for our children. If you're interested, you can see the lyrics and hear the good melody here.

Also, I'm willing to pass on the hymns I've collected if you'd like to use it in your kitchen too! Email me if you want me to send you a copy.